3 Indians in court for murder charges of Praveen
London: Three Indians charged with the
attempted murder of Praveen Reddy, an MBA student from Andhra
Pradesh who was critically stabbed in east London last week,
have been produced in a British court here, police said today.
The three Indians -- Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore
Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23 -- were produced
before the Thames Magistrates` Court, charged with the
attempted murder of Praveen here, who was critically stabbed
on February 10 night in east London`s Kent Street, Plaistow,
according to the Metropolitan Police.
Arava, Balguri and Puttapaka are all from Kent Street,
26-year-old Praveen was stabbed in the neck, chest and
abdomen several times and thrown out of the apartment in the
London borough of Newham where he lived, according to the
A quarrel between two groups of students hailing from
Andhra Pradesh is believed to have led to the attack.
Police said they were called at 08.23 hrs on February 10
to Newham General Hospital after a man was admitted suffering
from stab wounds.
"The 26-year-old victim remains in hospital in a critical
condition," police said.
Initially eleven people were arrested and three of them
were charged with the attempted murder.
Seven other men were bailed out and another person was
released on Saturday without further action, police said.
Last week, Indian External Affairs Minister S M Krishna
spoke to the acting High Commissioner Rajesh Prasad, asking
him to extend all possible help to him.
The victims father Sudhakar Reddy and an uncle have been
granted visa in India to reach London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video