3 Latvian helicopter crew kidnapped in Darfur: UN
Geneva: The UN food agency says three Latvian helicopter crew working for the global body have been kidnapped in western Sudan.
A spokeswoman for the World Food Program says the three men were seized Thursday in Nyala, the capital of South Darfur province.
Emilia Casella told The Associated Press on Friday that the crew were contracted to the UN Humanitarian Air Service which delivers aid to poverty-stricken Darfur.
She declined to say whether the global body has received any demands for the men`s release or knows who their captors are.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report