3 UK men arrested in connection with Woolwich murder get bail
London: Three men arrested in connection with the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich were today released on bail, police said.
The trio of men, who are all in their 20s, were arrested in south-east London on Saturday three days after 25-year-old Lee Rigby was hacked to death in Woolwich.
"Three men who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby have been released on bail," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
"They have been bailed to return to a south London police station," the statement said.
Meanwhile, two people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire was discovered yesterday at the Grimsby Islamic Cultural Centre in Weelsby Road.
The fire was extinguished and no one was injured, police said, adding it was too early to speculate about why the fire was started and appealed for witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered