3 UK men arrested in connection with Woolwich murder get bail
London: Three men arrested in connection with the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich were today released on bail, police said.
The trio of men, who are all in their 20s, were arrested in south-east London on Saturday three days after 25-year-old Lee Rigby was hacked to death in Woolwich.
"Three men who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby have been released on bail," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
"They have been bailed to return to a south London police station," the statement said.
Meanwhile, two people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire was discovered yesterday at the Grimsby Islamic Cultural Centre in Weelsby Road.
The fire was extinguished and no one was injured, police said, adding it was too early to speculate about why the fire was started and appealed for witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'