3 UK men arrested in connection with Woolwich murder get bail
London: Three men arrested in connection with the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich were today released on bail, police said.
The trio of men, who are all in their 20s, were arrested in south-east London on Saturday three days after 25-year-old Lee Rigby was hacked to death in Woolwich.
"Three men who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby have been released on bail," the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
"They have been bailed to return to a south London police station," the statement said.
Meanwhile, two people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire was discovered yesterday at the Grimsby Islamic Cultural Centre in Weelsby Road.
The fire was extinguished and no one was injured, police said, adding it was too early to speculate about why the fire was started and appealed for witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars