30 al Qaeda suspects arrested in Yemen
Sana`a: At least 30 people, suspected to be members of terror outfit Al Qaeda were arrested during a security operation in Yemen, a senior minister said.
"Security operations against Al Qaeda resulted in detaining more than 19 suspects in Marib province and 11 others in Hadramout province," state-run Saba news agency quoted Interior Minister Mutahar al-Masri as saying.
"The ministry handed over a list of wanted Al Qaeda suspects to tribal chieftains of Marib province," al-Masri said, adding "the chieftains were very supportive and played a very distinctive role in combating Al Qaeda affiliates".
Al-Masri also revealed that his ministry, with the help of local tribes, has cordoned off provinces where Al Qaeda operatives could launch attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report