30 al Qaeda suspects arrested in Yemen
Sana`a: At least 30 people, suspected to be members of terror outfit Al Qaeda were arrested during a security operation in Yemen, a senior minister said.
"Security operations against Al Qaeda resulted in detaining more than 19 suspects in Marib province and 11 others in Hadramout province," state-run Saba news agency quoted Interior Minister Mutahar al-Masri as saying.
"The ministry handed over a list of wanted Al Qaeda suspects to tribal chieftains of Marib province," al-Masri said, adding "the chieftains were very supportive and played a very distinctive role in combating Al Qaeda affiliates".
Al-Masri also revealed that his ministry, with the help of local tribes, has cordoned off provinces where Al Qaeda operatives could launch attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister