30 al Qaeda suspects arrested in Yemen
Sana`a: At least 30 people, suspected to be members of terror outfit Al Qaeda were arrested during a security operation in Yemen, a senior minister said.
"Security operations against Al Qaeda resulted in detaining more than 19 suspects in Marib province and 11 others in Hadramout province," state-run Saba news agency quoted Interior Minister Mutahar al-Masri as saying.
"The ministry handed over a list of wanted Al Qaeda suspects to tribal chieftains of Marib province," al-Masri said, adding "the chieftains were very supportive and played a very distinctive role in combating Al Qaeda affiliates".
Al-Masri also revealed that his ministry, with the help of local tribes, has cordoned off provinces where Al Qaeda operatives could launch attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says