30 al Qaeda suspects arrested in Yemen
Sana`a: At least 30 people, suspected to be members of terror outfit Al Qaeda were arrested during a security operation in Yemen, a senior minister said.
"Security operations against Al Qaeda resulted in detaining more than 19 suspects in Marib province and 11 others in Hadramout province," state-run Saba news agency quoted Interior Minister Mutahar al-Masri as saying.
"The ministry handed over a list of wanted Al Qaeda suspects to tribal chieftains of Marib province," al-Masri said, adding "the chieftains were very supportive and played a very distinctive role in combating Al Qaeda affiliates".
Al-Masri also revealed that his ministry, with the help of local tribes, has cordoned off provinces where Al Qaeda operatives could launch attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal