30 dead dogs found in Danish man`s freezer
Copenhagen: Danish police say they found 30 dead dogs, including 25 puppies, in a freezer while investigating complaints of loud barking.
Police spokesman Soeren Bach says they discovered the dogs yesterday at a 66-year-old man`s house after he had refused to pay fines for disturbing the peace and ignored an April court order banning him from keeping dogs on his property in Hjoerring, northern Denmark.
Bach said today that the man, who was not named, was not at home at the time. Officers had a warrant to seize any dogs on the premises. They found four live dogs and a snake.
He said the dead dogs were found during a "routine" search of the house. It was unclear how the animals had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube