30 die in Ghana floods
Accra: At least 30 people have died in floods caused by heavy rain in Ghana`s four regions, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has said.
The military and Red Cross are continuing rescue and evacuation operations in Tema, Ashaima and Kpone, East Accra regions, where over 1,000 buildings have been damaged, causing losses to thousands of people, NADMO Coordinator Kofi Portuphy was quoted as saying by Prensa Latina.
Meanwhile, Highways and Roads Minister Joe Gidisu told Times Live daily: "Never in the last 15 years have we seen this kind of flooding, especially in the Greater Accra region where roads have been washed away and bridges collapsed, leading to the loss of lives and properties." The minister called the situation "national crisis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you