30 die in Ghana floods
Accra: At least 30 people have died in floods caused by heavy rain in Ghana`s four regions, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has said.
The military and Red Cross are continuing rescue and evacuation operations in Tema, Ashaima and Kpone, East Accra regions, where over 1,000 buildings have been damaged, causing losses to thousands of people, NADMO Coordinator Kofi Portuphy was quoted as saying by Prensa Latina.
Meanwhile, Highways and Roads Minister Joe Gidisu told Times Live daily: "Never in the last 15 years have we seen this kind of flooding, especially in the Greater Accra region where roads have been washed away and bridges collapsed, leading to the loss of lives and properties." The minister called the situation "national crisis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened