30 die in Ghana floods
Accra: At least 30 people have died in floods caused by heavy rain in Ghana`s four regions, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has said.
The military and Red Cross are continuing rescue and evacuation operations in Tema, Ashaima and Kpone, East Accra regions, where over 1,000 buildings have been damaged, causing losses to thousands of people, NADMO Coordinator Kofi Portuphy was quoted as saying by Prensa Latina.
Meanwhile, Highways and Roads Minister Joe Gidisu told Times Live daily: "Never in the last 15 years have we seen this kind of flooding, especially in the Greater Accra region where roads have been washed away and bridges collapsed, leading to the loss of lives and properties." The minister called the situation "national crisis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands