30 injured in China earthquake
Beijing: At least 30 people were injured when a 5.5-magnitude earthquake hit southwest China`s Yunnan province Sunday, officials said.
Around 12,000 people were evacuated after the quake hit Eryuan county in Dali Bai prefecture, Xinhua cited the provincial Civil Affairs Department as saying.
Around 92,000 residents were affected by the quake, over 83,400 houses were damaged and a total of 1,781 others collapsed.
Schools, transport and communication systems, water and power lines were damaged.
Around 3,000 tents, 7,000 cotton quilts and 7,000 coats were sent to the quake-hit area.
A relief team of 400 policemen, fire fighters and soldiers has been dispatched.
At least 34 aftershocks have been recorded after the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'