30 injured in China earthquake
Beijing: At least 30 people were injured when a 5.5-magnitude earthquake hit southwest China`s Yunnan province Sunday, officials said.
Around 12,000 people were evacuated after the quake hit Eryuan county in Dali Bai prefecture, Xinhua cited the provincial Civil Affairs Department as saying.
Around 92,000 residents were affected by the quake, over 83,400 houses were damaged and a total of 1,781 others collapsed.
Schools, transport and communication systems, water and power lines were damaged.
Around 3,000 tents, 7,000 cotton quilts and 7,000 coats were sent to the quake-hit area.
A relief team of 400 policemen, fire fighters and soldiers has been dispatched.
At least 34 aftershocks have been recorded after the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pushing the limits: How two sick men were rescued from dark and freezing South Pole
- Referendums that shaped the world as we know it...
- Our entire defence mechanism is India-specific, says top Pakistani military official
- Honda BR-V crosses 10,000 booking mark
- Magnificent teaser trailer of Harshvardhan Kapoor-Saiyami Kher's 'Mirzya' crosses 2 million views!