30 injured in China earthquake
Beijing: At least 30 people were injured when a 5.5-magnitude earthquake hit southwest China`s Yunnan province Sunday, officials said.
Around 12,000 people were evacuated after the quake hit Eryuan county in Dali Bai prefecture, Xinhua cited the provincial Civil Affairs Department as saying.
Around 92,000 residents were affected by the quake, over 83,400 houses were damaged and a total of 1,781 others collapsed.
Schools, transport and communication systems, water and power lines were damaged.
Around 3,000 tents, 7,000 cotton quilts and 7,000 coats were sent to the quake-hit area.
A relief team of 400 policemen, fire fighters and soldiers has been dispatched.
At least 34 aftershocks have been recorded after the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader