30 killed in refugee camp fire in Thailand
Bangkok: At least 30 people were killed and many others injured Friday as a blaze raged through a Myanmarese refugee camp in Thailand, a media report said.
About 100 houses were destroyed in the fire that took firefighters more than two hours to control, Xinhua cited the Nation website as saying.
More than 3,500 residents live in the Baan Mae Surin refugee camp in Khun Yuam district of Mae Hong Son province.
Most of them are Karen refugees from Myanmar.
The cause of the blaze was not clear. Sources said it was triggered by a forest fire while others blamed careless cooking by some camp residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends