300 Chinese kids fell sick after eating contaminated food
Beijing: Nearly 300 children were admitted to hospital after eating contaminated food in their school canteen in China`s southwestern Sichuan Province.
Local authorities of Ziyang City in the province said that the students from Yingjie Township Central Elementary School started to show symptoms of diarrhoea, such as fever and vomiting on Saturday.
Following health check-ups 143 students out of a total of 292 have been discharged from hospital as of today. None of the remaining children still admitted in hospital are critically ill.
The school canteen has been disinfected, and local authorities have vowed to find out who is responsible for the contamination, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement