300 Chinese kids fell sick after eating contaminated food
Beijing: Nearly 300 children were admitted to hospital after eating contaminated food in their school canteen in China`s southwestern Sichuan Province.
Local authorities of Ziyang City in the province said that the students from Yingjie Township Central Elementary School started to show symptoms of diarrhoea, such as fever and vomiting on Saturday.
Following health check-ups 143 students out of a total of 292 have been discharged from hospital as of today. None of the remaining children still admitted in hospital are critically ill.
The school canteen has been disinfected, and local authorities have vowed to find out who is responsible for the contamination, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'