300 Chinese kids fell sick after eating contaminated food
Beijing: Nearly 300 children were admitted to hospital after eating contaminated food in their school canteen in China`s southwestern Sichuan Province.
Local authorities of Ziyang City in the province said that the students from Yingjie Township Central Elementary School started to show symptoms of diarrhoea, such as fever and vomiting on Saturday.
Following health check-ups 143 students out of a total of 292 have been discharged from hospital as of today. None of the remaining children still admitted in hospital are critically ill.
The school canteen has been disinfected, and local authorities have vowed to find out who is responsible for the contamination, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves