300 Chinese kids fell sick after eating contaminated food
Beijing: Nearly 300 children were admitted to hospital after eating contaminated food in their school canteen in China`s southwestern Sichuan Province.
Local authorities of Ziyang City in the province said that the students from Yingjie Township Central Elementary School started to show symptoms of diarrhoea, such as fever and vomiting on Saturday.
Following health check-ups 143 students out of a total of 292 have been discharged from hospital as of today. None of the remaining children still admitted in hospital are critically ill.
The school canteen has been disinfected, and local authorities have vowed to find out who is responsible for the contamination, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state