30,000 join White House Easter egg roll
Barack Obama and his
family, joined by the Easter Bunny, welcomed some 30,000
people for the annual Easter Egg Roll.
Obama was also joined by his daughters Malia and Sasha
and the family dog Bo, and read from the children`s book,
"Where the Wild Things Are."
In addition to looking for Easter eggs, the participants
were invited to try an obstacle course, a yoga session or to
work out with the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team.
Players and coaches from professional sports teams were
on hand to teach kids how to play sports and show ways to stay
active and fit.
Among the celebrities participating were movie stars
Julianne Moore and Forest Whitaker. Several chefs including
those from the White House prepared healthy eating
Over 200,000 people entered an online lottery for
tickets, and 30,000 were allocated. The winners were split
into five groups, each of which was able to spend two hours on
the South Lawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway