30,000 join White House Easter egg roll
Barack Obama and his
family, joined by the Easter Bunny, welcomed some 30,000
people for the annual Easter Egg Roll.
Obama was also joined by his daughters Malia and Sasha
and the family dog Bo, and read from the children`s book,
"Where the Wild Things Are."
In addition to looking for Easter eggs, the participants
were invited to try an obstacle course, a yoga session or to
work out with the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team.
Players and coaches from professional sports teams were
on hand to teach kids how to play sports and show ways to stay
active and fit.
Among the celebrities participating were movie stars
Julianne Moore and Forest Whitaker. Several chefs including
those from the White House prepared healthy eating
Over 200,000 people entered an online lottery for
tickets, and 30,000 were allocated. The winners were split
into five groups, each of which was able to spend two hours on
the South Lawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film