31 injured in Hong Kong ferry crash: Police
Hong Kong: Thirty-one people were injured in a collision between a passenger ferry and another vessel off Hong Kong island late Friday, police said, in the latest accident to hit the city`s frenetic waters.
"The ferry crashed with another ship. Right now the injured people have been transported to the dock," a police spokeswoman said, adding that 11 of the injured had been admitted to hospital.
The ferry, which was bound for the island of Cheung Chau, reached its destination but police were unable to provide details about the status of the other vessel, thought to be a barge.
Thirty-eight people were killed and scores injured when a ferry collided with a pleasure boat in October, Hong Kong`s worst maritime disaster in 40 years which raised questions about safety in one of the world`s busiest harbours.
Researchers say that while it remains one of the world`s safest ports, increased vessel traffic and risks associated with land reclamation works along the harbour front call for urgent government attention.
A government report into the October collision, which occurred near Lamma island, is due later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’