32 dead, over 18,000 displaced in Kenya floods
Nairobi: At least 32 people have died and 18,600 others displaced by flash floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya, the East African nation`s Red Cross Society (or KRCS) said on Wednesday.
The KRCS also said 14 people were injured and six others were missing.
"Several parts of the country especially the coast and Western Kenya regions have been affected by flooding, following an increased heavy downpour countrywide," Xinhua cited the agency as saying in a statement.
The government has advised people living in flood-prone areas to move to higher ground.
Widespread destruction of property and infrastructure has resulted in disruption of key activities such as farming and education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions