326 killed in Nigeria religious violence: Police
Jos: A police commissioner says 326 people have died in several days of religious violence between Christians and Muslims living in central Nigeria.
Acting Plateau State Police Commissioner Ikechukwu Aduba told reporters on Monday that officers have arrested 303 people in connection with the rioting that began last week.
Sectarian violence in this central region of Nigeria has left thousands dead over the past decade. The latest violence, which began last week, has left about 5,000 people homeless.
The latest outbreak came despite the government`s efforts to quell religious extremism in the West African country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez