326 killed in Nigeria religious violence: Police
Jos: A police commissioner says 326 people have died in several days of religious violence between Christians and Muslims living in central Nigeria.
Acting Plateau State Police Commissioner Ikechukwu Aduba told reporters on Monday that officers have arrested 303 people in connection with the rioting that began last week.
Sectarian violence in this central region of Nigeria has left thousands dead over the past decade. The latest violence, which began last week, has left about 5,000 people homeless.
The latest outbreak came despite the government`s efforts to quell religious extremism in the West African country.
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day