326 killed in Nigeria religious violence: Police
Jos: A police commissioner says 326 people have died in several days of religious violence between Christians and Muslims living in central Nigeria.
Acting Plateau State Police Commissioner Ikechukwu Aduba told reporters on Monday that officers have arrested 303 people in connection with the rioting that began last week.
Sectarian violence in this central region of Nigeria has left thousands dead over the past decade. The latest violence, which began last week, has left about 5,000 people homeless.
The latest outbreak came despite the government`s efforts to quell religious extremism in the West African country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!