33 injured after train rams truck in Germany
Berlin: Police say a train has collided with a truck at a railway crossing in southwestern Germany, leaving 33 people injured, four of them seriously.
The accident happened today at Talhausen, south of Stuttgart. A police statement said that the flatbed truck, which was carrying a dumpster, got stuck on the crossing for reasons that remain unclear.
The train driver braked sharply but was unable to avoid the truck, which was pushed about 50 meters along the track.
The truck driver and a passenger were lightly injured. Thirty-one people aboard the train were also hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt