33 injured after train rams truck in Germany
Berlin: Police say a train has collided with a truck at a railway crossing in southwestern Germany, leaving 33 people injured, four of them seriously.
The accident happened today at Talhausen, south of Stuttgart. A police statement said that the flatbed truck, which was carrying a dumpster, got stuck on the crossing for reasons that remain unclear.
The train driver braked sharply but was unable to avoid the truck, which was pushed about 50 meters along the track.
The truck driver and a passenger were lightly injured. Thirty-one people aboard the train were also hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’