33 injured after train rams truck in Germany
Berlin: Police say a train has collided with a truck at a railway crossing in southwestern Germany, leaving 33 people injured, four of them seriously.
The accident happened today at Talhausen, south of Stuttgart. A police statement said that the flatbed truck, which was carrying a dumpster, got stuck on the crossing for reasons that remain unclear.
The train driver braked sharply but was unable to avoid the truck, which was pushed about 50 meters along the track.
The truck driver and a passenger were lightly injured. Thirty-one people aboard the train were also hurt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed