34 killed in Thailand floods
Bangkok: Thirty-four people were killed while 29 of Thailand`s 77 provinces were hit by floods, Xinhua reported citing authorities Thursday.
A total of 166 districts, mostly in the country`s north, northeastern and central regions, have been hit by floods, with 1.7 million people affected.
Moreover, about 6,900 houses, 450,000 acres of farmland and 145 bridges were damaged by the floods, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
The floods, caused by seasonal monsoon and depression, has affected the country since mid-September.
The hardest hit are eastern Sa Kaeo, Prachin Buri and Chachoengsao provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?