34 killed in Thailand floods
Bangkok: Thirty-four people were killed while 29 of Thailand`s 77 provinces were hit by floods, Xinhua reported citing authorities Thursday.
A total of 166 districts, mostly in the country`s north, northeastern and central regions, have been hit by floods, with 1.7 million people affected.
Moreover, about 6,900 houses, 450,000 acres of farmland and 145 bridges were damaged by the floods, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
The floods, caused by seasonal monsoon and depression, has affected the country since mid-September.
The hardest hit are eastern Sa Kaeo, Prachin Buri and Chachoengsao provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan