34 killed in Thailand floods
Bangkok: Thirty-four people were killed while 29 of Thailand`s 77 provinces were hit by floods, Xinhua reported citing authorities Thursday.
A total of 166 districts, mostly in the country`s north, northeastern and central regions, have been hit by floods, with 1.7 million people affected.
Moreover, about 6,900 houses, 450,000 acres of farmland and 145 bridges were damaged by the floods, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
The floods, caused by seasonal monsoon and depression, has affected the country since mid-September.
The hardest hit are eastern Sa Kaeo, Prachin Buri and Chachoengsao provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh