34 killed in Thailand floods
Bangkok: Thirty-four people were killed while 29 of Thailand`s 77 provinces were hit by floods, Xinhua reported citing authorities Thursday.
A total of 166 districts, mostly in the country`s north, northeastern and central regions, have been hit by floods, with 1.7 million people affected.
Moreover, about 6,900 houses, 450,000 acres of farmland and 145 bridges were damaged by the floods, according to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
The floods, caused by seasonal monsoon and depression, has affected the country since mid-September.
The hardest hit are eastern Sa Kaeo, Prachin Buri and Chachoengsao provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'