34 villagers fell ill due to poisonous gas leak in China
Beijing: At least 34 villagers fell ill
following a poisonous gas leak from a chemical plant in south
China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
Titanium tetrachloride, a gas with pungent odor, leaked
from Guinan Titanium Co Ltd in Daoshui Township of Wuzhou City
on Tuesday, when the workers were cleaning the equipment, a
statement from the city government said.
34 people in the nearby Fuwan Village were rushed to the
town`s hospital after inhaling the gas, Xinhua newsagency
24 villagers had been discharged from hospital today,
while 10 others had been transferred to the Wuzhou City
"They were in a stable condition," said Huang Zhihong,
head of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt