34 villagers fell ill due to poisonous gas leak in China
Beijing: At least 34 villagers fell ill
following a poisonous gas leak from a chemical plant in south
China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
Titanium tetrachloride, a gas with pungent odor, leaked
from Guinan Titanium Co Ltd in Daoshui Township of Wuzhou City
on Tuesday, when the workers were cleaning the equipment, a
statement from the city government said.
34 people in the nearby Fuwan Village were rushed to the
town`s hospital after inhaling the gas, Xinhua newsagency
24 villagers had been discharged from hospital today,
while 10 others had been transferred to the Wuzhou City
"They were in a stable condition," said Huang Zhihong,
head of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31