3,400 flood-hit families of Sudan get UAE aid
Khartoum: The UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has said 3, 400 families affected by floods in the Sudanese capital here have benefited from the first phase of relief aid.
Huge quantities of sheltering material have been distributed so far to alleviate the suffering of people there.
The RCA delegation Sunday toured the east Nile locality of Khartoum state, which is the hard hit area by floods.
Hassan Ahmed Suleiman Al Shehhi, the UAE envoy in Sudan, during a meeting with visiting RCA delegation said the UAE`s move was very fast to help those affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi