3,400 flood-hit families of Sudan get UAE aid
Khartoum: The UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has said 3, 400 families affected by floods in the Sudanese capital here have benefited from the first phase of relief aid.
Huge quantities of sheltering material have been distributed so far to alleviate the suffering of people there.
The RCA delegation Sunday toured the east Nile locality of Khartoum state, which is the hard hit area by floods.
Hassan Ahmed Suleiman Al Shehhi, the UAE envoy in Sudan, during a meeting with visiting RCA delegation said the UAE`s move was very fast to help those affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder