3,400 flood-hit families of Sudan get UAE aid
Khartoum: The UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has said 3, 400 families affected by floods in the Sudanese capital here have benefited from the first phase of relief aid.
Huge quantities of sheltering material have been distributed so far to alleviate the suffering of people there.
The RCA delegation Sunday toured the east Nile locality of Khartoum state, which is the hard hit area by floods.
Hassan Ahmed Suleiman Al Shehhi, the UAE envoy in Sudan, during a meeting with visiting RCA delegation said the UAE`s move was very fast to help those affected by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor