34,000 Syrian refugees reach Lebanon: UN
Beirut: Nearly 34,000 Syrian refugees have arrived in Lebanon, after fleeing the clashes in their country, the UN agency for refugees said.
"There are currently nearly 34,000 Syrian refugees receiving aid in Lebanon through the efforts exerted by the Lebanese cabinet and its UN and non-governmental organization partners," Xinhua quoted a statement from the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) as saying.
According to the statement, 31,596 Syrians have been registered with the UNHCR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?