39 killed, 13 missing in China`s rainstorms
Beijing: At least 39 people were killed and 13 others missing after torrential rains triggered floods and landslides in China, the government said on Monday.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said 18 people were dead and four missing in northern Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, while nine others lost their lives and another four remain missing in eastern Anhui Province.
One person died in central Hubei Province after heavy rains led to flooding and landslides.
The natural disaster also led to nine deaths and five missing cases in southwestern Sichuan Province, as well as two deaths in southwestern Chongqing municipality, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
About 2.44 million people in 34 counties in Sichuan have been affected by the extreme weather conditions and forced the relocation of some 1.20 lakh people.
The rainstorms also destroyed more than 5,600 houses and damaged another 10,000, the ministry added.
In neighbouring Chongqing Municipality, about 8.76 lakh people have been affected and over 1.04 lakh others were evacuated amid rain-triggered disasters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof