4 dead: Car bomb blast at Nairobi police station
Nairobi (Kenya): Police in Nairobi say four people have died after a car bomb blast just outside a police station in central Nairobi.
David Kimaiya, the inspector general of police, said two police officers were among those killed in the explosion yesterday.
A reporter at the scene said it appeared that the blast ripped apart the back end of a sedan. The explosion happened near a police station`s main gate.
Terror warnings have been a constant in Kenya in recent months, particularly after September`s attack on Westgate Mall that killed at least 67 people.
Most of the small-scale attacks and explosions are blamed on al-Shabab, the militant group in Somalia that has vowed revenge attacks in Kenya because Kenyan troops moved into southern Somalia in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?