4 dead: Car bomb blast at Nairobi police station
Nairobi (Kenya): Police in Nairobi say four people have died after a car bomb blast just outside a police station in central Nairobi.
David Kimaiya, the inspector general of police, said two police officers were among those killed in the explosion yesterday.
A reporter at the scene said it appeared that the blast ripped apart the back end of a sedan. The explosion happened near a police station`s main gate.
Terror warnings have been a constant in Kenya in recent months, particularly after September`s attack on Westgate Mall that killed at least 67 people.
Most of the small-scale attacks and explosions are blamed on al-Shabab, the militant group in Somalia that has vowed revenge attacks in Kenya because Kenyan troops moved into southern Somalia in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics