4 dead: Car bomb blast at Nairobi police station
Nairobi (Kenya): Police in Nairobi say four people have died after a car bomb blast just outside a police station in central Nairobi.
David Kimaiya, the inspector general of police, said two police officers were among those killed in the explosion yesterday.
A reporter at the scene said it appeared that the blast ripped apart the back end of a sedan. The explosion happened near a police station`s main gate.
Terror warnings have been a constant in Kenya in recent months, particularly after September`s attack on Westgate Mall that killed at least 67 people.
Most of the small-scale attacks and explosions are blamed on al-Shabab, the militant group in Somalia that has vowed revenge attacks in Kenya because Kenyan troops moved into southern Somalia in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?