4 dead: Car bomb blast at Nairobi police station
Nairobi (Kenya): Police in Nairobi say four people have died after a car bomb blast just outside a police station in central Nairobi.
David Kimaiya, the inspector general of police, said two police officers were among those killed in the explosion yesterday.
A reporter at the scene said it appeared that the blast ripped apart the back end of a sedan. The explosion happened near a police station`s main gate.
Terror warnings have been a constant in Kenya in recent months, particularly after September`s attack on Westgate Mall that killed at least 67 people.
Most of the small-scale attacks and explosions are blamed on al-Shabab, the militant group in Somalia that has vowed revenge attacks in Kenya because Kenyan troops moved into southern Somalia in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?