4 suspected militants killed in southern Russia
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Security forces on Saturday
killed four suspected militants during security sweeps in
Chechnya and a neighbouring province in Russia`s volatile
North Caucasus region, officials said.
Police acting on a tip tracked the two suspects down in
the eastern village of Belgatoi, regional Interior Ministry
spokesman Magomed Deniyev said. They refused to surrender and
were killed in fighting, he said.
Deniyev said that Chechnya`s regional President Ramzan
Kadyrov personally led the operation.
Another two suspected militants were killed today in the
province of Dagestan east of Chechnya, said Mark Tolchinsky of
the Interior Ministry`s branch in Dagestan.
Chechnya and other provinces in southern Russia have
remained mired in violence stemming from wars between
separatist Chechen rebels and the Russian government. There
has been an upsurge of bombings and other recent attacks on
police and other authorities in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore