4 suspected militants killed in southern Russia
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Security forces on Saturday
killed four suspected militants during security sweeps in
Chechnya and a neighbouring province in Russia`s volatile
North Caucasus region, officials said.
Police acting on a tip tracked the two suspects down in
the eastern village of Belgatoi, regional Interior Ministry
spokesman Magomed Deniyev said. They refused to surrender and
were killed in fighting, he said.
Deniyev said that Chechnya`s regional President Ramzan
Kadyrov personally led the operation.
Another two suspected militants were killed today in the
province of Dagestan east of Chechnya, said Mark Tolchinsky of
the Interior Ministry`s branch in Dagestan.
Chechnya and other provinces in southern Russia have
remained mired in violence stemming from wars between
separatist Chechen rebels and the Russian government. There
has been an upsurge of bombings and other recent attacks on
police and other authorities in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player