4 suspected militants killed in southern Russia
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Security forces on Saturday
killed four suspected militants during security sweeps in
Chechnya and a neighbouring province in Russia`s volatile
North Caucasus region, officials said.
Police acting on a tip tracked the two suspects down in
the eastern village of Belgatoi, regional Interior Ministry
spokesman Magomed Deniyev said. They refused to surrender and
were killed in fighting, he said.
Deniyev said that Chechnya`s regional President Ramzan
Kadyrov personally led the operation.
Another two suspected militants were killed today in the
province of Dagestan east of Chechnya, said Mark Tolchinsky of
the Interior Ministry`s branch in Dagestan.
Chechnya and other provinces in southern Russia have
remained mired in violence stemming from wars between
separatist Chechen rebels and the Russian government. There
has been an upsurge of bombings and other recent attacks on
police and other authorities in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan leader Aqeel Anjum narowly escapes assassination attempt
- China's finance minister sees ''Brexit'' heightening uncertainty for markets
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Nissan creates GT-R Drone to match the updated 2017 GT-R
- Neighbouring country trying to destabilise India: Rajnath