40 Chinese officials punished for covering up tunnel blast
Beijing: A total of 40 Chinese officials have received judicial or disciplinary punishment for their role in covering up a fatal tunnel explosion that left killed eight people dead in a north Chinese province in December.
The tunnel explosion, occurred in Shanxi Province, was revealed to the public after 5 days of its occurrence only when a whistleblower wrote an online post uncovering the news.
Six people were involved in covering up the accident, said Liu Dezheng, a spokesman for the provincial work safety commission.
Among those who have received punishment included 14 people employed by Erchu Co Ltd under the China Railway Tunnel Group, which contracted the tunnel project, Liu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum