42 killed, 75 injured in Iraq suicide bombing
Baghdad: As many as 35 people were killed and 75 injured in an Iraqi city Wednesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral at a Shiite mosque, as per a report.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the suicide bomber blew himself up among mourners at a funeral inside the mosque in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
It was the funeral of a government employee, killed a day ago, and was also a relative of Shuhadaa Hashim, a Shiite member of the Council of Salahudin province, the source added.
Hashim and the deputy governor of the province, a Sunni-dominated region, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio