42 killed, 75 injured in Iraq suicide bombing
Baghdad: As many as 35 people were killed and 75 injured in an Iraqi city Wednesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral at a Shiite mosque, as per a report.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the suicide bomber blew himself up among mourners at a funeral inside the mosque in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
It was the funeral of a government employee, killed a day ago, and was also a relative of Shuhadaa Hashim, a Shiite member of the Council of Salahudin province, the source added.
Hashim and the deputy governor of the province, a Sunni-dominated region, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16