42 killed, 75 injured in Iraq suicide bombing
Baghdad: As many as 35 people were killed and 75 injured in an Iraqi city Wednesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral at a Shiite mosque, as per a report.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the suicide bomber blew himself up among mourners at a funeral inside the mosque in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
It was the funeral of a government employee, killed a day ago, and was also a relative of Shuhadaa Hashim, a Shiite member of the Council of Salahudin province, the source added.
Hashim and the deputy governor of the province, a Sunni-dominated region, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH