42 killed, 75 injured in Iraq suicide bombing
Baghdad: As many as 35 people were killed and 75 injured in an Iraqi city Wednesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral at a Shiite mosque, as per a report.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the suicide bomber blew himself up among mourners at a funeral inside the mosque in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
It was the funeral of a government employee, killed a day ago, and was also a relative of Shuhadaa Hashim, a Shiite member of the Council of Salahudin province, the source added.
Hashim and the deputy governor of the province, a Sunni-dominated region, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read