42 killed, 75 injured in Iraq suicide bombing
Baghdad: As many as 35 people were killed and 75 injured in an Iraqi city Wednesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up during a funeral at a Shiite mosque, as per a report.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the suicide bomber blew himself up among mourners at a funeral inside the mosque in Tuz-Khurmato city, some 200 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
It was the funeral of a government employee, killed a day ago, and was also a relative of Shuhadaa Hashim, a Shiite member of the Council of Salahudin province, the source added.
Hashim and the deputy governor of the province, a Sunni-dominated region, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad