43 deaths in China due to bird flu
Beijing: The deadly H7N9 bird flu virus, which was first reported in humans in China this year, have left 43 people dead in the country so far.
A total of 132 H7N9 avian flu cases have been reported on the Chinese mainland, including 43 that have ended in death, according to an update released today by health authorities.
Of the total, 85 H7N9 patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment.
The other patients are being treated in hospitals, according to the National Health and Family Planning Commission, official media here reported.
The H7N9 infections cover 40 cities in 10 provincial regions, the commission said in a statement.
There was one H7N9 case reported in east China`s Jiangsu Province last month and the patient has recovered, it added.
Official statistics showed that the H7N9 avian influenza was first reported in humans in China in the end of March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’