43 killed in firework accidents in China Spring Festival
Beijing: A total of 17,760 fires broke out during week-long new year festivities in China, leaving 43 people dead and causing property losses of USD 8.4 million.
Fires broke out since January 30 till today have caused direct property losses of over 51 million yuan (USD 8.4 million, the fire department of the Ministry of Public Security said today.
Forty three people were killed and 17 other injured in the fire accidents during the festival, it said.
China`s seven-day Spring Festival holiday ended today and recent snowstorms in many regions that caused closing of roads and delays of trains have created chaos for travellers returning to work after family reunions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption