43 killed in firework accidents in China Spring Festival
Beijing: A total of 17,760 fires broke out during week-long new year festivities in China, leaving 43 people dead and causing property losses of USD 8.4 million.
Fires broke out since January 30 till today have caused direct property losses of over 51 million yuan (USD 8.4 million, the fire department of the Ministry of Public Security said today.
Forty three people were killed and 17 other injured in the fire accidents during the festival, it said.
China`s seven-day Spring Festival holiday ended today and recent snowstorms in many regions that caused closing of roads and delays of trains have created chaos for travellers returning to work after family reunions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick