45 mn illegal publications seized in China
Beijing: A staggering 45 million illegal publications were confiscated and over 3.7 million pieces of online information involving pornographic or other illegal content deleted in China in 2012, Xinhua reported.
The figures were included in a statement issued by the National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications Friday to state the achievements of the country`s fight against illegal publications, pornography and piracy.
Authorities handled more than 15,000 relevant cases in 2012, adding that some suspects have already been transferred to judicial organs, prosecuted or sentenced, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days