45 mn illegal publications seized in China
Beijing: A staggering 45 million illegal publications were confiscated and over 3.7 million pieces of online information involving pornographic or other illegal content deleted in China in 2012, Xinhua reported.
The figures were included in a statement issued by the National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications Friday to state the achievements of the country`s fight against illegal publications, pornography and piracy.
Authorities handled more than 15,000 relevant cases in 2012, adding that some suspects have already been transferred to judicial organs, prosecuted or sentenced, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know