45 mn illegal publications seized in China
Beijing: A staggering 45 million illegal publications were confiscated and over 3.7 million pieces of online information involving pornographic or other illegal content deleted in China in 2012, Xinhua reported.
The figures were included in a statement issued by the National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications Friday to state the achievements of the country`s fight against illegal publications, pornography and piracy.
Authorities handled more than 15,000 relevant cases in 2012, adding that some suspects have already been transferred to judicial organs, prosecuted or sentenced, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand