45 rebels killed in Darfur clashes: Sudan Army
Khartoum: The Sudanese Army says at least 45 rebels have been killed in Sudan`s North Darfur after they attacked the military.
Army spokesman Sawarme Khalid Saad`s remarks, carried on state radio today, said a number of troops were also killed in the clashes. He did not say how many.
Saad says the clashes began when rebels from the Justice and Equality Movement attacked Fataha, a village in North Darfur. He says the rebels first looted the market and killed an unspecified number of villagers.
The Darfur-based JEM rebel group wants to topple Sudan`s government. The rebels took advantage of fighting last month between Sudan and South Sudan to fight the Khartoum regime.
The UN estimates 300,000 people have died and 2.7 million have been displaced in years of fighting in Darfur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical