46 killed in China coal mine blast: Report
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, June 21, 2010, 10:08
  
Beijing: All 46 miners who were missing after an explosion in a central China coal mine on Monday have been confirmed dead, state television reported.

The blast occurred near Pingdingshan city in Henan province of Henan, state media reports had said, when a store of gunpowder kept underground at the Xingdong No. 2 Mine detonated at about 1:40 am (1740 GMT).

Seventy-two miners had been working at the time, 26 of them were brought to safety, with the rest perishing, China Central Television said.

Bureau Report


First Published: Monday, June 21, 2010, 10:08


comments powered by Disqus