46 killed in China coal mine blast: Report
Beijing: All 46 miners who were missing after an explosion in a central China coal mine on Monday have been confirmed dead, state television reported.
The blast occurred near Pingdingshan city in Henan province of Henan, state media reports had said, when a store of gunpowder kept underground at the Xingdong No. 2 Mine detonated at about 1:40 am (1740 GMT).
Seventy-two miners had been working at the time, 26 of them were brought to safety, with the rest perishing, China Central Television said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown