46 killed in two road accidents in China
Beijing: At least 46 people were killed in two separate road accidents in China Sunday with one mishap claiming 36 lives when a double-decker bus collided with a methane-laden tanker and caught fire in a northern province.
The first accident, the worst traffic accident in more than a year, occurred in an expressway at Yan`an in Shaanxi Province in the early hours killing 36 of the 39 people aboard the bus, police said, adding the three injured people were taken to a hospital.
The driver and another person travelling on the tanker, who were not hurt, were taken into custody, official Xinhua news agency reported quoting police.
Separately, 10 people were killed and two others injured when a van crashed into a truck in southwest Sichuan Province.
The van, with 12 people on board, hit the truck the on the Hurong Expressway in Guang`an city, officials said. The expressway connects Shanghai Municipality in the east coast with the city of Chengdu in southwest China.
The injured people were admitted to a local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress