5 dead in Japan helicopter crash: Police
Tokyo: Police say five people are dead
after a rescue helicopter crashed into a mountain in central
Police spokesman Takeshi Iijima said the helicopter
was on its way to rescue a fallen climber Sunday in Saitama,
around 75 kilometres northwest of Tokyo.
The helicopter initially carried seven people. It crashed after sending two rescue workers to the ground. Police
confirmed the two workers were safe, but those on board two pilots, a firefighter and two rescue workers were killed.
The climber, who fell into a waterfall basin Saturday, died later.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meitu launches 'BeautyPlus Me' app in India
- Spine-chilling video: Woman dragged, killed by tiger at safari park in China
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix
- Micromax announces new laptop series