5 feared dead in Australia plane crash
Brisbane: Five people are feared dead after a light plane crashed at an airfield in eastern Australia on Saturday, emergency service workers said.
The plane, used for skydiving, took off before veering left, crashing and bursting into flames at Caboolture, 50 kilometres north of Brisbane.
"We received a call from the airfield and sent three crews to a light plane that had crashed," a Queensland Fire and Rescue Service official told AFP. "The fire was extinguished in 10 minutes."
Queensland Police said: "It is believed that five people were on board and that all are deceased."
Bryan Carpenter, who works at the airfield, said the plane was a Cessna 206, which carried between five and six people on skydiving flights.
He told Sky News the burning high-octane fuel destroyed the plane within just one minute.
"On impact with the ground (the plane) immediately burst into flames and there were no survivors," he said.
"This is the worst-ever fatality accident we`ve suffered (at Caboolture).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3