5 feared dead in Australia plane crash
Brisbane: Five people are feared dead after a light plane crashed at an airfield in eastern Australia on Saturday, emergency service workers said.
The plane, used for skydiving, took off before veering left, crashing and bursting into flames at Caboolture, 50 kilometres north of Brisbane.
"We received a call from the airfield and sent three crews to a light plane that had crashed," a Queensland Fire and Rescue Service official told AFP. "The fire was extinguished in 10 minutes."
Queensland Police said: "It is believed that five people were on board and that all are deceased."
Bryan Carpenter, who works at the airfield, said the plane was a Cessna 206, which carried between five and six people on skydiving flights.
He told Sky News the burning high-octane fuel destroyed the plane within just one minute.
"On impact with the ground (the plane) immediately burst into flames and there were no survivors," he said.
"This is the worst-ever fatality accident we`ve suffered (at Caboolture).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video