5 Germans among 6 dead in China road accident
Beijing: Six people, including five Germans, were killed and 14 others injured on Monday when a tourist bus crashed into a container truck and caught fire near the Chinese capital, police said.
The bus, was carrying a group of German tourists.
The accident took place on a pivotal expressway linking Beijing with Shanghai, police authorities in Tianjin said.
The tour group was organised by the Beijing-based China Youth Travel Service. It was also unclear how many people were traveling in the bus.
Witnesses said they saw a few people escaped from the flames, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A photo posted by witnesses on the web showed the whole vehicle was engulfed in flames and dark smoke.
The municipal government of Tianjin has ordered immediate treatment of the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly