5 killed, 11 wounded in Thailand`s violent South
Pattani: Police say suspected militants have killed five people and wounded 11 in three overnight attacks in Thailand`s insurgency-plagued south.
Pol Col Chaiwat Nittayawimon says one soldier and one paramilitary ranger were killed overnight Wednesday when about 10 suspected militants attacked their operations base in Songkhla province. Another ranger was wounded. Police did not say if the attackers stole any weapons.
Attacks in Songkhla province are rare.
In two other attacks late Wednesday and early Thursday in other southern provinces suspected insurgents killed three, including a 4-year-old girl, and wounded 10.
More than 4,700 people have been killed in Thailand`s Muslim-dominated southern provinces since an Islamist insurgency flared in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends