5 killed, 9 injured in chemical plant blast in China
Beijing: At least five persons were today killed and nine others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory in east China.
Three others remained missing in the blast that occurred at Shuangma Chemical Plant in Jiangsu province`s Rugao city.
Rescuers found two bodies on the scene and three people died in hospital, according to the city`s information department.
The nine injured were receiving treatment at hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Firefighters have extinguished the flames and the search for the missing is underway.
Established in 1997, Shuangma Chemical Plant mainly produces edible palm oil or stearic acid.
The blast has not caused severe air or water pollution, according to local environmental protection authorities.
An investigation into the cause of the blast is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?