5 killed, 9 injured in chemical plant blast in China
Beijing: At least five persons were today killed and nine others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory in east China.
Three others remained missing in the blast that occurred at Shuangma Chemical Plant in Jiangsu province`s Rugao city.
Rescuers found two bodies on the scene and three people died in hospital, according to the city`s information department.
The nine injured were receiving treatment at hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Firefighters have extinguished the flames and the search for the missing is underway.
Established in 1997, Shuangma Chemical Plant mainly produces edible palm oil or stearic acid.
The blast has not caused severe air or water pollution, according to local environmental protection authorities.
An investigation into the cause of the blast is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!