5 killed, 9 injured in chemical plant blast in China
Beijing: At least five persons were today killed and nine others injured in an explosion at a chemical factory in east China.
Three others remained missing in the blast that occurred at Shuangma Chemical Plant in Jiangsu province`s Rugao city.
Rescuers found two bodies on the scene and three people died in hospital, according to the city`s information department.
The nine injured were receiving treatment at hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Firefighters have extinguished the flames and the search for the missing is underway.
Established in 1997, Shuangma Chemical Plant mainly produces edible palm oil or stearic acid.
The blast has not caused severe air or water pollution, according to local environmental protection authorities.
An investigation into the cause of the blast is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM