5 rescued in 2 nights from Niagara Gorge
Niagara Falls (Canada): Canadian parks police say they rescued five people from the Niagara Gorge during two incidents over the weekend.
On Saturday evening, two Toronto-area visitors called 911 after they became stranded in the dark while hiking the rugged Niagara Glen overlooking the whirlpool downstream from Niagara Falls.
The Niagara Parks Police say members of the department`s High Angle River Team escorted the pair out at about 9:45 pm (local time).
The High Angle River Team was called again Sunday night, after three men climbed over a retaining wall downstream of the falls and into the gorge. The team brought one man out while firefighters used an aerial ladder to free another. The third man climbed out on his own. All face trespassing charges.
Police didn`t release any identities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof