5 schoolchildren killed in road mishap in China
Beijing: Five schoolchildren and a villager were killed in a road accident in western China, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Six persons were injured in the accident that took place yesterday around 5.10 PM local time when a light truck carrying the victims careened off a mountain road and tumbled 200 metres down a slope in Wudu district of Longnan city, officials from the city government said.
The truck was carrying 13 people, including eight students who were returning home from school. One of them managed to jump out of the vehicle and survived without injury.
School buses are often in short supply in China, especially in rural areas, and overloading is a common concern on the country`s roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees