5 schoolchildren killed in road mishap in China
Beijing: Five schoolchildren and a villager were killed in a road accident in western China, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Six persons were injured in the accident that took place yesterday around 5.10 PM local time when a light truck carrying the victims careened off a mountain road and tumbled 200 metres down a slope in Wudu district of Longnan city, officials from the city government said.
The truck was carrying 13 people, including eight students who were returning home from school. One of them managed to jump out of the vehicle and survived without injury.
School buses are often in short supply in China, especially in rural areas, and overloading is a common concern on the country`s roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city