5 schoolchildren killed in road mishap in China
Beijing: Five schoolchildren and a villager were killed in a road accident in western China, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Six persons were injured in the accident that took place yesterday around 5.10 PM local time when a light truck carrying the victims careened off a mountain road and tumbled 200 metres down a slope in Wudu district of Longnan city, officials from the city government said.
The truck was carrying 13 people, including eight students who were returning home from school. One of them managed to jump out of the vehicle and survived without injury.
School buses are often in short supply in China, especially in rural areas, and overloading is a common concern on the country`s roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September