5 schoolchildren killed in road mishap in China
Beijing: Five schoolchildren and a villager were killed in a road accident in western China, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Six persons were injured in the accident that took place yesterday around 5.10 PM local time when a light truck carrying the victims careened off a mountain road and tumbled 200 metres down a slope in Wudu district of Longnan city, officials from the city government said.
The truck was carrying 13 people, including eight students who were returning home from school. One of them managed to jump out of the vehicle and survived without injury.
School buses are often in short supply in China, especially in rural areas, and overloading is a common concern on the country`s roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails