5 schoolchildren killed in road mishap in China
Beijing: Five schoolchildren and a villager were killed in a road accident in western China, according to state-run Xinhua news agency.
Six persons were injured in the accident that took place yesterday around 5.10 PM local time when a light truck carrying the victims careened off a mountain road and tumbled 200 metres down a slope in Wudu district of Longnan city, officials from the city government said.
The truck was carrying 13 people, including eight students who were returning home from school. One of them managed to jump out of the vehicle and survived without injury.
School buses are often in short supply in China, especially in rural areas, and overloading is a common concern on the country`s roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon