5 survive plane crash off Venezuela; 1 killed
Caracas: A small plane has crashed into the sea off Venezuela`s coast, leaving one person dead and five survivors who were rescued and brought to shore.
The twin-engine Beechcraft BE-58 went down east of the coastal city of Cumana in the Gulf of Cariaco on Saturday, Interior Minister Nestor Reverol said.
Reverol said the pilot had declared an emergency due to the failure of both engines and put the plane down in the water.
After the crash, rescue workers and fishermen helped the survivors to shore, the Minister said on state television.
A 62-year-old woman died in the accident, the country`s civil aviation agency said in a statement.
The five survivors, including a boy and the pilot, were brought ashore in boats and treated at a hospital, said Gen. Francisco Paz Fleitas, president of the National Civil Aviation Institute.
The plane had been flying from Puerto Ordaz to Venezuela`s Margarita Island when it went down.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan