50 die after boat capsizes in Uganda`s Lake Albert
Kampala: Ugandan police say more than 50
people have died after a boat they were traveling in capsized
on Lake Albert in Uganda.
Zura Ganyana, a police spokesman, says the boat was
carrying between 70 and 80 people, but only five survivors
have been found and 17 bodies recovered. She said Monday that
they did not expect to rescue any more survivor`s from the
accident late Saturday.
The boat capsized due to overloading, she said. A police
chief in the area, Romeo Ojara, said that the boat had a
capacity for only 40 people and two tons of fish.
Boat accidents are common on Uganda`s lakes. Last month
more than 10 people died in a boat accident on the Ugandan
side of Lake Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery