50 Dominican fishermen detained in Bahamian waters
Nassau (Bahamas): A few dozen Dominican fishermen have been taken into custody on suspicion of poaching in Bahamian waters.
The Royal Bahamas Defence Force said today a patrol boat stopped a 21-metre fishing boat east of Cay Lobos, a tiny speck of land located off the north coast of Cuba.
The crew of 50 Dominican nationals was taken into custody after crawfish and scale fish were found in the hold of their "Rubi 1" ship.
The men and their fishing vessel are being held in Nassau, the capital of the archipelago that stretches off the east coast of Florida.
It wasn`t immediately clear what sentences the fishermen could face if convicted of poaching in the Bahamas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed