50 Dominican fishermen detained in Bahamian waters
Nassau (Bahamas): A few dozen Dominican fishermen have been taken into custody on suspicion of poaching in Bahamian waters.
The Royal Bahamas Defence Force said today a patrol boat stopped a 21-metre fishing boat east of Cay Lobos, a tiny speck of land located off the north coast of Cuba.
The crew of 50 Dominican nationals was taken into custody after crawfish and scale fish were found in the hold of their "Rubi 1" ship.
The men and their fishing vessel are being held in Nassau, the capital of the archipelago that stretches off the east coast of Florida.
It wasn`t immediately clear what sentences the fishermen could face if convicted of poaching in the Bahamas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself