50 Dominican fishermen detained in Bahamian waters
Nassau (Bahamas): A few dozen Dominican fishermen have been taken into custody on suspicion of poaching in Bahamian waters.
The Royal Bahamas Defence Force said today a patrol boat stopped a 21-metre fishing boat east of Cay Lobos, a tiny speck of land located off the north coast of Cuba.
The crew of 50 Dominican nationals was taken into custody after crawfish and scale fish were found in the hold of their "Rubi 1" ship.
The men and their fishing vessel are being held in Nassau, the capital of the archipelago that stretches off the east coast of Florida.
It wasn`t immediately clear what sentences the fishermen could face if convicted of poaching in the Bahamas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption