5.0 magnitude quake hits north western China
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted northwestern China bordering Tajikistan and Kyrgyztan on Friday.
The earthquake struck Wuqia county in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of China at 8:32 pm (local time), according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC), state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The epicentre, with a depth of 7 km, was at 39.9 degrees north latitude and 75.1 degrees east longitude.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casulty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez