50 people missing from Kenyan clashes
Nairobi: The Kenya Red Cross says that at least 52 people are dead and another 50 missing after hundreds of farmers attacked cattle herders in southeast Kenya yesterday.
Sadik Kakai, head of disaster operations for the Kenya Red Cross, says the missing may have drowned or were burned to ashes during the attack at Riketa village in Tana River district.
Farmers from the Pokomo tribe attacked semi-nomadic cattle herders of the Orma tribe. Officials say the attack was retaliation for the killing of two Pokomo farmers last week.
The conflict started with accusations that Orma graze their livestock in Pokomo farms. The area is about 690 kilometres from the capital.
Kakai says at least 700 people were displaced from their homes by the attack and urgently need aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman