50,000 tonnes of dangerous waste found in Italy
Taranto (Itlay): Italian police have uncovered 50,000 tonnes of dangerous waste, including cancer-causing asbestos, in a sprawling illegal landfill in the southern Puglia region.
A formal complaint was filed Tuesday against an unnamed individual in connection with the 10,000 square metres dump in Torricella in Taranto province.
Formal complaints have been made against 92 people this year over 43 illegal landfills discovered in the province.
Shady waste disposal firms were planning to conceal 622,000 tonnes of dangerous waste in the illegal dumps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj