5.3-earthquake hits off Ambon, Indonesia
Jakarta: A mild earthquake measuring 5.3 at Richter scale struck off Ambon city, Maluku province, Indonesia on Thursday, Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysical Agency (BMKG) said.
According to the information released on the website of BMKG, the tremors took place at 12:31pm local time. The epicentre was located at 244 kilometres southeast of Ambon city, Maluku province, with a depth of 243 kilometres below sea level.
BMKG said the earthquake didn`t generate tsunami potential and no casualty has been reported.
Maluku sits on the "Pacific Ring of Fire" at the junctions of several tectonic plates, which makes it prone to seismic upheaval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani