5.3-earthquake hits off Ambon, Indonesia
Jakarta: A mild earthquake measuring 5.3 at Richter scale struck off Ambon city, Maluku province, Indonesia on Thursday, Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysical Agency (BMKG) said.
According to the information released on the website of BMKG, the tremors took place at 12:31pm local time. The epicentre was located at 244 kilometres southeast of Ambon city, Maluku province, with a depth of 243 kilometres below sea level.
BMKG said the earthquake didn`t generate tsunami potential and no casualty has been reported.
Maluku sits on the "Pacific Ring of Fire" at the junctions of several tectonic plates, which makes it prone to seismic upheaval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country