5.4-magnitude earthquake jolts Tibet
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted Gerze county of Ali prefecture in southwest China`s Tibet Autonomous Region at 1:11 pm Beijing Time on Monday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Centre.
The epicentre, with a depth of nine km, was initially determined to be at 34.4 degrees north latitude and 85.7 degrees east longitude.
Another earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale occurred in the same area at 1:22 pm Beijing Time, with a depth of 3 km, the centre reported.
No casualties have been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!