5.4-magnitude earthquake jolts Tibet
Beijing: An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted Gerze county of Ali prefecture in southwest China`s Tibet Autonomous Region at 1:11 pm Beijing Time on Monday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Centre.
The epicentre, with a depth of nine km, was initially determined to be at 34.4 degrees north latitude and 85.7 degrees east longitude.
Another earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale occurred in the same area at 1:22 pm Beijing Time, with a depth of 3 km, the centre reported.
No casualties have been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr