5.5 magnitude quake rattles Greek islands
Athens: Seismologists in Greece say a 5.5 magnitude earthquake has rattled islands in the eastern Aegean Sea, but local authorities reported no damage or injury.
The Geodynamic Institute in the capital, Athens, said the undersea quake occurred at 4:54 pm (1354 GMT) today east of the island of Rhodes and south of the Turkish mainland.
Rhodes police and municipal authorities reported no damage on the island.
Turkey`s Kandilli Observatory recorded the quake as being of 6.0 preliminary magnitude.
Earthquakes are common in both countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India