5.5 magnitude quake rattles Greek islands
Athens: Seismologists in Greece say a 5.5 magnitude earthquake has rattled islands in the eastern Aegean Sea, but local authorities reported no damage or injury.
The Geodynamic Institute in the capital, Athens, said the undersea quake occurred at 4:54 pm (1354 GMT) today east of the island of Rhodes and south of the Turkish mainland.
Rhodes police and municipal authorities reported no damage on the island.
Turkey`s Kandilli Observatory recorded the quake as being of 6.0 preliminary magnitude.
Earthquakes are common in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi