5.5 magnitude quake rattles Greek islands
Athens: Seismologists in Greece say a 5.5 magnitude earthquake has rattled islands in the eastern Aegean Sea, but local authorities reported no damage or injury.
The Geodynamic Institute in the capital, Athens, said the undersea quake occurred at 4:54 pm (1354 GMT) today east of the island of Rhodes and south of the Turkish mainland.
Rhodes police and municipal authorities reported no damage on the island.
Turkey`s Kandilli Observatory recorded the quake as being of 6.0 preliminary magnitude.
Earthquakes are common in both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah