56 arrested over riots in Myanmar
Yangon: Fifty six people suspected to be involved in a sectarian riot which broke out in Myanmar`s second largest city Mandalay in early July have been arrested, police said Sunday.
Police said action was being taken against them on charges of murder, arson, causing harm, incitement and illegal possession of weapons, Xinhua reported.
Police are also looking for 36 other suspects who are at large.
Riots broke out in Mandalay July 1 over a rape case.
Two people died and 17 others were injured in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...