56 arrested over riots in Myanmar
Yangon: Fifty six people suspected to be involved in a sectarian riot which broke out in Myanmar`s second largest city Mandalay in early July have been arrested, police said Sunday.
Police said action was being taken against them on charges of murder, arson, causing harm, incitement and illegal possession of weapons, Xinhua reported.
Police are also looking for 36 other suspects who are at large.
Riots broke out in Mandalay July 1 over a rape case.
Two people died and 17 others were injured in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport