56 arrested over riots in Myanmar
Yangon: Fifty six people suspected to be involved in a sectarian riot which broke out in Myanmar`s second largest city Mandalay in early July have been arrested, police said Sunday.
Police said action was being taken against them on charges of murder, arson, causing harm, incitement and illegal possession of weapons, Xinhua reported.
Police are also looking for 36 other suspects who are at large.
Riots broke out in Mandalay July 1 over a rape case.
Two people died and 17 others were injured in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble