56 arrested over riots in Myanmar
Yangon: Fifty six people suspected to be involved in a sectarian riot which broke out in Myanmar`s second largest city Mandalay in early July have been arrested, police said Sunday.
Police said action was being taken against them on charges of murder, arson, causing harm, incitement and illegal possession of weapons, Xinhua reported.
Police are also looking for 36 other suspects who are at large.
Riots broke out in Mandalay July 1 over a rape case.
Two people died and 17 others were injured in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva