57 militants killed in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi forces attacked militant groups in Iraq`s Anbar province and killed 57 members, the Defence Ministry said on Monday.
Two heavy machine guns fixed on two vehicles were also destroyed in the attack, Xinhua cited the ministry as saying.
A provincial police source said the government troops intensified shelling on Ramadi and Fallujah cities Monday morning.
Anbar province has been witnessing clashes that flared up after Iraqi police dismantled an anti-government protest site outside Ramadi last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress