57 militants killed in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi forces attacked militant groups in Iraq`s Anbar province and killed 57 members, the Defence Ministry said on Monday.
Two heavy machine guns fixed on two vehicles were also destroyed in the attack, Xinhua cited the ministry as saying.
A provincial police source said the government troops intensified shelling on Ramadi and Fallujah cities Monday morning.
Anbar province has been witnessing clashes that flared up after Iraqi police dismantled an anti-government protest site outside Ramadi last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!