57 militants killed in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi forces attacked militant groups in Iraq`s Anbar province and killed 57 members, the Defence Ministry said on Monday.
Two heavy machine guns fixed on two vehicles were also destroyed in the attack, Xinhua cited the ministry as saying.
A provincial police source said the government troops intensified shelling on Ramadi and Fallujah cities Monday morning.
Anbar province has been witnessing clashes that flared up after Iraqi police dismantled an anti-government protest site outside Ramadi last December.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video