5.9 earthquake hits near Costa Rican capital: US govt
Washington: An earthquake measuring 5.9 hit
an area near the Costa Rican capital, the US government
The epicentre of the tremor, which occurred at 7:54 pm
local time (0154 GMT today), was located 41 kilometres (26
miles) north northwest of San Jose, according to the US
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The reading was based on the open-ended Moment Magnitude
scale, now used by US seismologists, which measures the area
of the fault that ruptured and the total energy released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred