5.9 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia`s Java
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Ritcher scale struck Indonesia`s most-populated island. The impact was felt in capital Jakarta also. The tremor caused tall buildings to shake.
The quake struck 96 kilometres southwest of the city of Sukabumi after 1630 IST at a depth of 67 kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
It has been said that no tsunami warning was issued. There were no reports of damages of property and loss of life.
Earlier the quake was measured at 6.1-magnitude.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire’. Here the continental plates collide, causing frequent seismic volcanic activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog