5.9 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia`s Java
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Ritcher scale struck Indonesia`s most-populated island. The impact was felt in capital Jakarta also. The tremor caused tall buildings to shake.
The quake struck 96 kilometres southwest of the city of Sukabumi after 1630 IST at a depth of 67 kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
It has been said that no tsunami warning was issued. There were no reports of damages of property and loss of life.
Earlier the quake was measured at 6.1-magnitude.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire’. Here the continental plates collide, causing frequent seismic volcanic activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday