5.9 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia`s Java
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Ritcher scale struck Indonesia`s most-populated island. The impact was felt in capital Jakarta also. The tremor caused tall buildings to shake.
The quake struck 96 kilometres southwest of the city of Sukabumi after 1630 IST at a depth of 67 kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
It has been said that no tsunami warning was issued. There were no reports of damages of property and loss of life.
Earlier the quake was measured at 6.1-magnitude.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire’. Here the continental plates collide, causing frequent seismic volcanic activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites