6 French citizens missing in Caribbean storm swell
Paris: Officials say at least six French citizens boating in the Caribbean are missing after they disappeared during Hurricane Sandy`s storm swell.
The French Transportation Ministry told the Sipa news agency today that the group disappeared yesterday while between the islands of Martinique and Dominica.
Sebastien Roux of the Antilles-Guyane rescue service says the group left in a motorboat yesterday for a music festival in Dominica and were supposed to return today.
Roux says "people close to them grew worried when they didn`t show up." An airplane and helicopter have joined the search, but Roux says it is also possible the group took shelter in a port.
Sandy was blamed for 65 deaths in the Caribbean before it began travelling northward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song