6 French citizens missing in Caribbean storm swell
Paris: Officials say at least six French citizens boating in the Caribbean are missing after they disappeared during Hurricane Sandy`s storm swell.
The French Transportation Ministry told the Sipa news agency today that the group disappeared yesterday while between the islands of Martinique and Dominica.
Sebastien Roux of the Antilles-Guyane rescue service says the group left in a motorboat yesterday for a music festival in Dominica and were supposed to return today.
Roux says "people close to them grew worried when they didn`t show up." An airplane and helicopter have joined the search, but Roux says it is also possible the group took shelter in a port.
Sandy was blamed for 65 deaths in the Caribbean before it began travelling northward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites