6 French citizens missing in Caribbean storm swell
Paris: Officials say at least six French citizens boating in the Caribbean are missing after they disappeared during Hurricane Sandy`s storm swell.
The French Transportation Ministry told the Sipa news agency today that the group disappeared yesterday while between the islands of Martinique and Dominica.
Sebastien Roux of the Antilles-Guyane rescue service says the group left in a motorboat yesterday for a music festival in Dominica and were supposed to return today.
Roux says "people close to them grew worried when they didn`t show up." An airplane and helicopter have joined the search, but Roux says it is also possible the group took shelter in a port.
Sandy was blamed for 65 deaths in the Caribbean before it began travelling northward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj